We know that pets are family, and because their lives are precious, we realize that only the best in care will do. The Animal Hospital of Statesville feels that preventive care has been shown to improve not only life quality but longevity as well. Veterinary authorities recommend twice-yearly exams for all pets. In order to make all healthcare recommendations available to as many pet owners as possible, we offer Preventive Health Care Plans.
YOU’RE INVITED TO JOIN!
- Low monthly payments with significant savings over regular pricing
- Two Wellness/Preventive Health Care visits per year
- Includes heartworm prevention, flea, tick and internal parasite control Products currently covered in PHC plans started after February 25, 2019 are as follows: *Interceptor Plus, Proheart Injectible (6- or 12-month) OR Heartgard in combination with Simparica OR Bravecto. *Trifexis, Advantage Multi OR Sentinel (NOT in combination with Simparica or Bravecto). Product selection is subject to change as new, improved options are developed.
- All core immunizations, individualized for your pet according to AAHA Vaccine Guidelines
- Two deluxe spa days including nail trim, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, shampoo and brush out (As of March 1, 2019, all dogs utilizing the Spa days are required to have a current Bivalent Canine Influenza Virus (CIV) vaccine. Dogs that have already received a bivalent Canine Influenza vaccine are required to have annual boosters. Dogs not already vaccinated will require a series of Canine CIV vaccines, completed at least 2 weeks prior to their scheduled Spa appointment. Series requires 2 vaccines, 2-6 weeks apart, and a 2-week post-series waiting time in order for the CIV series to be completely effective. in order for your pet to use the aforementioned services. For more information on CIV, follow link: Canine Influenza Virus
- In-house blood screen (or send out, at doctor's discretion)
- Multi-pet discounts on Health Care Plans
By joining the Animal Hospital of Statesville’s Preventive Health Care Plan, you will be ensuring that your pet or pets will be immunized against diseases prevalent in our area, according to their lifestyle risk factors. These will be discussed with you by our medical team to determine how best to keep your pets and family protected.
As a Preventive Health Care client your pet will receive the recommended twice-yearly examinations, vaccinations, intestinal parasite tests and monthly parasite control. In addition, your pet will receive blood chemistry panel with a CBC, to establish baselines and to help with early detection of disease. Just as with humans, these tests are important for continued good health.